Träumer is home from the hospital!

Ato

Aug 6, 2020
So not long after our Malo recovered from surgery to remove bladder stones, our Träumer started acting strange. He was licking his genitals a lot and then I noticed him backing away and growling as he did it. I thought "oh great, more stones" and first thing the next morning we took him into the vet. It's a good thing we did, because a crystal (a small stone) was stuck in his urethra and get couldn't urinate on his own. He was catheterized for several nights at the vet before being able to pee on his own. The first few days at home were a very rough recovery. He wouldn't eat or use the litter box, but he did occasionally drip a few drops of urine around the house. Thankfully after a few weeks he seems to be back to his old self.

We knew kibble wasn't a healthy choice, especially for male cats, but we thought we had time to get the cats back in a healthy diet especially because Träumer and his twin brother are only 6. They were on a homemade cooked diet before we had a baby. We're disabled and making homemade food is very tiring for us, but we are making their food at home again to keep them healthy. We're thankful our cats are okay and that we were able to take out debt to pay for their healthcare. But we've had enough veterinary emergencies this year! 2020 is just the worst! I hope everyone has a better 2021!IMG_20201225_175648.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Toletia

Toletia

You Are My Sunshine
Staff member
Aug 5, 2020
Oh Grammas sweet little granimals. And how precious is it that Dusty is right by his sick brothers side as he heals 😿😽💛

• Love
Reactions: Ato