Have you ever adopted a feral?

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 3, 2020
Our kids found Alice delivering her babies outside in the wild and they took her in and she was feral. And my wife adopted her before we were married. And I adopted her after we were married. And she is one of the best felines that I have ever owned. This proves that ferals (not all) can be tamed and turned into good house pets. How about you? Have you ever adopted a feral?

• Love
Reactions: Ato and Toletia

Toletia

You Are My Sunshine
Staff member
Aug 5, 2020
Me and Shelly and Denver have adopted and had fixed many ferals over the years. Most of them would stick around the yard and house till they met whatever fate took them away. We always took care of them. Food, vet visits, winter shelters. Denver and Shelly still do. They have another cat with kittens they're working on now. They've had 3 kittens fixed so far. It's a hard job and my sister Shelly has really been put thru it this time. Thank goodness our brother Denver has really stepped up and helped with the physical part (he ALWAYS does the financial part or who knows what would've happened!!). He works hard at a full time job so most of the work falls on Shelly. Her and I used to be a team when I lived there. So with 3 of us it was easier. But they're managing and there's only the momma and one more kitten to have fixed in September. They deserve a big hats off for taking care of these new kitties and all the old ones still around. Btw, so far the kittens have all been female ???

• Love
Reactions: Ato and Soulwatcher

Juney

Sep 4, 2020
USA
gamingcave.net
The feral cats at my grandmas we kinda “adopted” in the winter we set up a heat light in the garage and set some extra hay in the lower barn since they like to hang out in there a lot too! We also feed them couple times a week sometimes more as there’s less food for them in the winter I reckon.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 3, 2020
The feral cats at my grandmas we kinda “adopted” in the winter we set up a heat light in the garage and set some extra hay in the lower barn since they like to hang out in there a lot too! We also feed them couple times a week sometimes more as there’s less food for them in the winter I reckon.
Awwww...... that's very kind of you. I would love to live on a farm and have barn cats. ❤️❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: Toletia

Ato

Aug 6, 2020
All 4 of our cats come from the streets. Our boys Dusty and Träumer we got from a relative of a relative who took in their mother just before she gave birth. Our Malo we got from the first guy's ex-wife (completely by coincidence) but she had been stray for some time before we got her. Lastly our Rukii we got in a dumpster. We brought her food then came back later that night to see if she was still there and we picked her up. We were only going to foster her and Malo but Malo is a very difficult cat to find a home for and Rukii changed Träumer's life for the better, so we kept them. We've fostered lots of other strays. Every female cat we've taken in was pregnant. So we adopted out a lot of stray cats (including Alice to my mom) and all their kittens.

• Love
Reactions: Toletia

Toletia

You Are My Sunshine
Staff member
Aug 5, 2020
All 4 of our cats come from the streets. Our boys Dusty and Träumer we got from a relative of a relative who took in their mother just before she gave birth. Our Malo we got from the first guy's ex-wife (completely by coincidence) but she had been stray for some time before we got her. Lastly our Rukii we got in a dumpster. We brought her food then came back later that night to see if she was still there and we picked her up. We were only going to foster her and Malo but Malo is a very difficult cat to find a home for and Rukii changed Träumer's life for the better, so we kept them. We've fostered lots of other strays. Every female cat we've taken in was pregnant. So we adopted out a lot of stray cats (including Alice to my mom) and all their kittens.
Yep, you are the best cat mom ever ♥ And I love my feral you rescued and gave to me. She's our little woman❣