Has your wonderful feline(s) ever been so startled that they left burnout marks (scratches) on your arms or chest?

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 3, 2020
Probably about 6 months or so Alice got so startled that she did a burnt on my chest and left deep scratches. How about you? Has your wonderful feline(s) ever been so startled that they left burnout marks (scratches) on your arms or chest?

Southernlady

Aug 6, 2020
Yes, once but it wasn’t just my chest, it was my arm.

We had to have a carpet cleaner come in and they like leaving the door cracked for the hose. When they showed up, one of ours was hiding in the bedroom. I put myself at the front door to avoid escapees. Angel decided the noise was too much so she ran to the front and headed to the door. I grabbed her while hubby get the door blocked. She skidded off my chest and arm and bit the hell out of my hand.

After they left, I headed off to my PCP (some looked deep enough for stitches). His comment, “is she still alive?” I said yes, she was just scared, she wasn’t trying to hurt me intentionally.

Soulwatcher

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 3, 2020
Yes, once but it wasn’t just my chest, it was my arm.

We had to have a carpet cleaner come in and they like leaving the door cracked for the hose. When they showed up, one of ours was hiding in the bedroom. I put myself at the front door to avoid escapees. Angel decided the noise was too much so she ran to the front and headed to the door. I grabbed her while hubby get the door blocked. She skidded off my chest and arm and bit the hell out of my hand.

After they left, I headed off to my PCP (some looked deep enough for stitches). His comment, “is she still alive?” I said yes, she was just scared, she wasn’t trying to hurt me intentionally.
Wow, that's crazy sounds like she was really scared and I am glad you both ended up ok.